Welcome to the CodeSmith Community!

Re: How to use external Dialec of NHibernate with gernated code

Template Frameworks

A description has not yet been added to this group.

How to use external Dialec of NHibernate with gernated code

Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Hello my friends,

I'm doing a test on NHibernate with PostgreSQL + PostGIS db.

All reference is added, but there is an error: Dialec couln't load. The dialec is NHibernate.Spatial.Dialect.PostGisDialect as information at this article. This dialec is in the external dll: NHibernate.Spatial.PostGis.dll. Here is introduction information:

How can I configure to make this external dialec working with NHibernate?

My App.config is below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="hibernate-configuration" type="NHibernate.Cfg.ConfigurationSectionHandler, NHibernate"/>
  </configSections>
  <hibernate-configuration xmlns="urn:nhibernate-configuration-2.2">
    <session-factory>
      <property name="connection.provider">NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider</property>
      <property name="dialect">NHibernate.Spatial.Dialect.PostGisDialect,NHibernate.Spatial.PostGis</property>
      <property name="connection.driver_class">NHibernate.Driver.NpgsqlDriver</property>
      <property name="connection.connection_string">Server=127.0.0.1;Port=5432;Database=demogis;User Id=postgres;Password=mypassword;Preload Reader = true;</property>

<!-- NHibernate 2.1 -->
      <property name="proxyfactory.factory_class">NHibernate.ByteCode.LinFu.ProxyFactoryFactory, NHibernate.ByteCode.LinFu</property>

<mapping assembly="DemoGISData"/>
    </session-factory>
  </hibernate-configuration>
<startup><supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727"/></startup></configuration>

--------------------------------------------------------------------

• Post Points: 5
Verified Answer
  • For a day to debug, I found that: All external types from NHibernate couldn't be gotten while all reference DLLs are existed at application directory.

So, I merged NHibernate.Spatial and NHibernate.Spatial.PostGis to NHibernate and some exceptions are fixed.

But the  ReflectHelper.TypeFromAssembly(AssemblyQualifiedTypeName name, bool throwOnError) throws an exception for NHibernate.ByteCode.LinFu.ProxyFactoryFactory:

Could not load file or assembly 'NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)":"NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4"}    System.Exception {System.IO.FileLoadException}

Assembly.Load(name.Assembly).GetTypes() throws an exception as below:

Assembly.Load(name.Assembly).GetTypes()' threw an exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException'    System.Type[] {System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException}

Plese help me. NHibernate may be so complex.

• Hello,

It looks like the PostGisDialect  was compiled against a different version of the nHibernate assembly. If you can get the source to this I would reference the NHibernate assembly from your project and rebuild. I'd post a message on the forum / place that you got this dialect and mention the version of the NHibernate assemblies you are using (latest).

Please correct me if my assumption is incorrect.

Thanks

-Blake Niemyjski

Blake Niemyjski
    CodeSmith Tools, LLC. Software Development Engineer
    Blog: http://windowscoding.com/blogs/blake/
    .NetTiers team | Visit http://www.nettiers.net

All Replies
  • For a day to debug, I found that: All external types from NHibernate couldn't be gotten while all reference DLLs are existed at application directory.

So, I merged NHibernate.Spatial and NHibernate.Spatial.PostGis to NHibernate and some exceptions are fixed.

But the  ReflectHelper.TypeFromAssembly(AssemblyQualifiedTypeName name, bool throwOnError) throws an exception for NHibernate.ByteCode.LinFu.ProxyFactoryFactory:

Could not load file or assembly 'NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)":"NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4"}    System.Exception {System.IO.FileLoadException}

Assembly.Load(name.Assembly).GetTypes() throws an exception as below:

Assembly.Load(name.Assembly).GetTypes()' threw an exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException'    System.Type[] {System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException}

Plese help me. NHibernate may be so complex.

• Hello,

It looks like the PostGisDialect  was compiled against a different version of the nHibernate assembly. If you can get the source to this I would reference the NHibernate assembly from your project and rebuild. I'd post a message on the forum / place that you got this dialect and mention the version of the NHibernate assemblies you are using (latest).

Please correct me if my assumption is incorrect.

Thanks

-Blake Niemyjski

Blake Niemyjski

• Hi Blake,

The PostGisDialect  was compiled against a different version of the nHibernate assembly

Rebulding them fixed all exception.

Thanks again for your help, my friend!

• Hello,

Thanks for the update :)

-Blake

Blake Niemyjski

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)