Welcome to the CodeSmith Community!

CodeSmith Generator 6.0 – Editor in Action

CodeSmith Community

A description has not yet been added to this group.

CodeSmith Generator 6.0 – Editor in Action

• Comments 12

I thought the best way to show our progress so far would be to show you a quick video of the new editor in action. So without further adieu, here is the new CodeSmith Generator 6.0 editor:

In general, I think our editing experience is already about 10 times better than it was before.  Not even counting the fact that it’s integrated right into Visual Studio now. We still have some work to do, but we will be releasing a beta version soon.

Thanks again,
Eric J. Smith

Shout it

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Thank you for submitting this cool story - Trackback from DotNetShoutout

• You've been kicked (a good thing) - Trackback from DotNetKicks.com

• That was....AWESOME! You've got me drooling for the beta now!

• Is CodeSmith generator 6.0 going to support Visual Studio 2010 only?

• Yes, It is only going to support 2010 only. Are you currently using 2010 or 2008?

• Thank you for the quick reply, I do not use VS2010

• We may offer 2008 support depending on the feedback. Currently we are compiling as .net 4.0 (AnyCPU) and 2008 would require a lot of additional work to run in .NET 3.5. Also VS2010 is almost two years old and allows you to target .NET 2.0 applications (VS2005/VS2008).

• Thanks again for your feedback, please let us know if you have any questions.

• Most developers are on .net 3.5 (IMHO), thus you are not going to cover the broadest user community. Perhaps the regular desktop app should be there, too. Also what about say DBAs who do not leave in Visual Studios?

• I have a dream by the way: why not to make CodeSmith generator a cloud based app?

• How would metadata work in a cloud type environment?  Would you have to upload XML files or database schemas or something?

• Thank you for submitting this cool story - Trackback from DotNetShoutout

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment