Welcome to the CodeSmith Community!

CodeSmith Generator 6.0 Alpha

CodeSmith Community

A description has not yet been added to this group.

CodeSmith Generator 6.0 Alpha

Rate This
  • Comments 5

We have been making great progress on CodeSmith Generator 6.0 and would love to get some feedback on our new template engine, template runner UI and new property grid (more on this soon).  As I mentioned in a previous post, we have completely re-written the template engine so that we can implement a greatly improved editor / IntelliSense experience as well as make it easy to make future changes to our template syntax.  We think we have these core pieces working pretty good and would like to get some early feedback on them while we continue to work on the new editor / Visual Studio integration.

Download CodeSmith Generator 6.0 Alpha

Please be aware of a few things with this build:

• This is not a full version of CodeSmith Generator.  It does not include Visual Studio integration or the CodeSmith Studio template editor.
  • It is very likely to have bugs.
  • It’s a known issue that startup performance when starting CodeSmith.exe needs work.
  • That being said, it is simply a zip file and you can use it without effecting your currently installed version of CodeSmith Generator.

We would love to hear any feedback that you might have. Especially if you have problems running your existing templates.  Also, please be aware that if you have assemblies that you are referencing from your templates, you may need to recompile them against the 6.0 assemblies to get your template to work.

Shout it

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Thank you for submitting this cool story - Trackback from DotNetShoutout

• You've been kicked (a good thing) - Trackback from DotNetKicks.com

• Excellent!!!! Downloading now....

• Good news,

Do you have plan to use Razer like syntax in templates instead of or with current one , I mean @X.Y  instead of  <%X.Y%> ?

• EJ I am having license problems with the Alpha.  I can't get it past the initial startup screen. Does it only work on a machine with a current version 5 license ?  I had placed it in a VM without a copy of CodeSmith on it for testing.  Please advise.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment